Discourse Analysis Module
The discourse analysis module employs AI Large Language Models, like GPT3, to analyze language productions.
- The module combines both the text and metrics from discourse, semantics, syntax, morphology, phonology, and lexical distribution.
- The module then combines its internal knowledge of the world based on its training to provide a comprehensive analysis of speech, language, and communication for the textual transcripts.
- The module analyzes discourse in several languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnis, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, and Swedish. We hope to increase the number of supported languages and language varieties over time.
Assessing written speech from discourse involves evaluating an individual's written language skills and ability to organize and convey information coherently in written form.
The discourse analysis module has vital applications in the clinic:
- It can assess speech, language, and communication disorders.
- It can inform the clinical evaluation of a patient's neurocognitive and neurolinguistic condition.
- It support diagnosis and prognosis and estimate treatment efficacy.
More Themistocleous (2023). Open Brain AI. Computational Language Assessment on the Web.